After a day exploring some of the finest scenery the UK has to offer, you will be ready to sink down into a comfy bed!
Relax in one of ten comfortable bedrooms, each individually decorated, with their own character and all with private bathrooms.
Pretty views of the Northumberland Countryside come as standard when staying at The Elks Head and a selection of our rooms boast stunning river and bridge views.
- A non-smoking policy operates in all our bedrooms, bar, and dining areas. Designated outdoor smoking areas are available.
- Guest check in is from 3pm and check out is by 10.00am.
- There is a surcharge of £10 for early check in or late check out. Please inform us if you require either of these so we can check availability. We will always do our best to accommodate you.
- Cots are available on request.
- Dogs are allowed at an additional cost of £10 per dog per night – please click here to view our pet policy for further information.
- Housekeeping will clean the room daily. If you require clean towels, please leave them in the shower tray and they will be replaced. Any extra towels, refreshments etc that you require, please ask at the bar.
In your room:
- Free WIFI
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Complimentary toiletries
- Iron and ironing board (upon request – please ask)
Perfect for guests travelling alone. Our Standard Single rooms with ensuite offers a comfortable base during your stay at The Elks Head.
Our ensuite Standard Double Rooms are cosy, comfortable and attractive rooms. A number of these rooms boast lovely riverside and bridge views.
A comfortable room with twin beds. This room is not ensuite, however does have its own private lockable bathroom located opposite the room across a landing. The bathroom consists of a shower cubicle, toilet and hand wash basin. Bathrobes can be requested but not guaranteed.
Highly recommend. We had the most amazing meal, all home cooked fresh food. Cooked by Rob the new owner. Excellent staff who are friendly and very helpful. Amazing location in a beautiful country setting. Javier is an excellent bar person and waiter. So very friendly and hard working. We stayed over in a spotless clean room and had a great night. We will definitely be back to see Rob and Jen who are doing great things since taking over.